Thursday, September 2, 2010

38 weeks and 1 day

Dr. appointment today. 
She stated I'm measuring smaller than last week, maybe because she dropped lower into my pelvis- which feels about right to me.  I'm showing at 80% effaced and dilated to a 3.  Now we wait some more... come on water, BREAK! 

The progress pain is more noticeable now and walking has taken on a new purpose for me.  I've been able to maintain a 3 day a week walking schedule at the gym, but today was 45 minutes of straight excruciating pain.  I didn't think I'd make it the whole 45 minute goal.  The sciatica pain has started, which thank God it didn't start till this week.  My last pregnancy it started at 5 months and stayed pretty consistent even with regular chiropractic visits.    I'm relieved to know we are heading into the last days. 

This week has been exhausting with very little sleep and the heat close to the hundreds again.  I'm looking forward to a quick climate change- maybe the cooler San Diego beaches are calling my name one last time before baby arrives.  It is Labor Day weekend, I think we need one last celebration. 

Both intending parents will be in town by tomorrow this time, maybe she is waiting for them to be together to make her final decent.  We are ready for the arrival, car seat is installed, breast pump is sanitized and ready to pump, hospital bags are packed, emergency call list ready, what else are we forgetting.  We've decided to try the first month of me pumping baby milk and sending them the packages weekly.  It turns out there is no one way to send breast milk half way across the country, who would of thought.  It is also very time consuming and extremely costly!   I'm hoping it isn't as complicated as it looks like it could be, so baby Mac can get at least get a month or two in her little belly. 

Well... off to start the natural labor inducing progress checklist.  No castor oil on this one!



No comments:

Post a Comment