Thursday, August 26, 2010

37 weeks from poolside to beach side

As you can see- the cool water has been my serenity these last HOT summer days. 


So here we are nearing the finish line at 80% effacement and dilated to a 1.  The OB appt. on Wednesday was exciting for me simply because it meant the lower stretching pains and groin discomfort have really been doing something all along.  I'm also overjoyed to report it could be any day now.  Music to the ears of any woman closing in on the roller coaster 10 month journey.  I've reread the journals of my two prior births this week and have been comforted by the progress of my "early laboring symptoms" currently present.  Now we just wait for the obvious signs, mucous plug and water breaking.  I'm going to throw out there a 
 delivery estimate...  I think in less than one week from tomorrow- this baby will be an external part of the world as we know it.
   
This picture is a very tired and worn out glimpse of my last days carrying this precious cargo. 


I do hope the next time we are at the beach to have less skin to tan, AND, a very healthy and happy little baby.  Thank God for the cooler temps this year at the beach, the 30 degree difference made my 4 hours entertaining the kiddos delightful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment