Tuesday, April 20, 2010

February 25, 2010


Hiring a doula: We hired a doula this week hoping that it would prove to be another wise decision. She will hopefully help share the incredible experience, take some weight off the parties involved, and accommodate the unexpected needs of participants. The doula interview was swift, and right away we all new it was going to be a benefit to hire such a person.

First Ultrasound:The intending mother and I went in for our first appointment together. Once again I was calm and my body took good care of my motherly instincts. She was taken by the pictures, as any mother would be looking at the first pictures of their baby, and we shared a very intimate moment together which will change my life forever.

Therapist session #1: Closing remarks; To work on taking care of self, not tending to others needs and feelings. Allowing myself to have emotion and express them without hesitation of what I feel others would want me to feel or say. To acknowledge that my needs are my responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment