Monday, July 12, 2010

31 weeks/ meeting with doula Lynn

This last month has flown by...  I can see the end nearing and it already seems like a dream that I have gotten this far without to many hurdles.  I look at my body and see she MUST be getting ready to leave so I am preparing for her exit.  The minor braxton hicks contractions are also evidence she might be getting ready in there for a practice run.  Either that or she is wishing she had more room to call home. 

My two babes randomly pull up my shirt to find the "baby belly" and all the new changes and movements.  With their little ears to my belly button they say they can hear her.  My soon to be 3 yr old thinks we all have babies in our belly- especially Dad...  he might need to loose a pound or two based on her observation.  

I have been meeting with a family counselor to keep my head on straight about the nearing end of my role.  I've had a dream about the "giveaway" and some unexpected emotional attachment that I have needed to work on.  It just goes to show us all that the mothers instincts are nondiscriminatory and so strong.   Other than that I have been feeling great.  Hoping to narrow down a hospital for delivery and work out all the important details with our doula this week.  The anticipation on the arrival of "thumper" is very exciting for me.  I can't wait to put a face to the hiccups and kicks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment